We’re Hiring – Engagement Associate
Open Door Legal is pioneering the country’s first system of universal access to civil representation and working to show that when everyone has access to the law, poverty can be dramatically reduced.
We won the 2015 Google Impact Challenge and we’ve been recognized by the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation for our innovative, results-oriented program. Long-term, we plan to replicate our services across San Francisco, make this city the first in the country with universal access to civil representation, and become a model for national replication.
We’re only going to achieve this if we continue our tradition of hiring the best possible people. We hire people who are extremely passionate, quixotic, energetic, love tackling tough problems, and believe in continuous personal growth.
We believe injustice is the heart of poverty and we invite you to join us in having a systemic impact on how we, as a society, ensure justice for the poor.
Overview of Position:
We’re hiring an engagement associate to help us attract as many people as possible to our mission, through individual giving. This will principally be done through a combination of events, peer-to-peer campaigns, online marketing/communications, and relationship building. This person will be the face of our organization to many of our supporters and stakeholders.
We offer the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-growing organization with room for creativity and autonomy.
- Work with our attorneys to draft engaging stories for distribution on our website, through email, and on social media
- Work with photographers and videographers to produce compelling visual content
- Manage our online advertising and marketing automation
- Plan our annual gala and two other retention events per year
- Ensure that all donors are properly thanked and engaged throughout the year
- Build and nurture a portfolio of donor relationships from initial meeting, to initial asks, to ongoing engagement
- Manage a team of volunteers to help accomplish the above
- Help design and implement our communications and event strategy
- Must have a deep personal commitment to philanthropy, civic leadership, and community engagement
- Must have completed a bachelor’s degree
- Must have strong writing skills
- Must be willing to engage in a culture of continuous feedback and growth
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, and able to solve difficult problems
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks and multiple stakeholders simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to make at least a two-year commitment to the organization
- Prior experience working or volunteering at a human service agency or non-profit organization
- Leadership or managerial experience
- Fluent or conversational in Spanish and/or Cantonese.
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience writing communication pieces
- Experience working with low-income and vulnerable populations
- From, or familiar with, Southeast San Francisco
- We offer a fun and challenging work environment for anyone who’s passionate about making a difference and rapidly growing their skills
- We offer four weeks of paid time off per year
- We use best-in-class technology solutions, including Salesforce
- We offer robust medical benefits
- We offer a 401k retirement plan employees can opt into
Applications received before March 20th will be given priority.
If you are not currently living near San Francisco, please let us know in your cover letter what your relocation plan would be. Unfortunately, we cannot interview candidates who live outside the area and do not have a credible relocation plan.