Housing Law Client
When I moved my family across the globe, I thought that was the end of my problems. Then came the mold.
“When I moved my family across the globe, I thought that was the end of my problems. We to California from Samoa so that our six kids could have more opportunities. Then came the mold.
We quickly learned that our Bayview home was infested. The bathroom wall was covered in toxic mold, the smell so severe we couldn’t close the windows. We found worms in the drains. The conditions caused my asthma to flare up, sending me to the hospital for breathing problems.
But my biggest worry was for the kids; many of them woke up with nose bleeds every morning and developed respiratory illnesses. I reported the issue to my landlord and nothing happened.
I was scared. Scared that my kids’ health could be permanently damaged or that their lives were at risk. My only thoughts were about them and how I could better take care of them. I worried that I wouldn’t get to watch my kids grow up.
Out of options, I came to Open Door Legal. They fought for my case and won me $11,407 for what our family endured. Without Open Door Legal, I wouldn’t have had anywhere to turn. Now, I can focus on spending time with my kids and have peace of mind, knowing that they are in a clean and safe environment.”