We utilize volunteers across the full range of our services and operations – everything from investigations to case management to communications. Volunteers allow us to expand our impact far beyond what we could achieve otherwise, and in return we provide the opportunity for you to expand your professional skills while learning about the issues facing people in marginalized communities.
- New Lawyers and Law Grads: We strive to rapidly train the next generation of lawyers through our fast-paced, diverse practice. We teach practical skills in client management, fact analysis, and argument that are useful no matter where your career takes you.
- Flexible Schedule for Lawyers with Families: We have several attorneys who volunteer with us part-time while raising their children. We provide flexible hours, immediate impact, and the chance to further develop your legal skills.
- Experienced Lawyers: Whether working as part of a firm or a solo practice, our flexible co-counseling policy lets experienced attorneys get involved at many different levels. Where co-counsel is not versed in the law, we provide on-going support and training.
- Non-Legal Professionals: We also provide a variety of opportunities for non-legal professionals to grow our impact. We have used pro bono help on marketing, communications, and human resources. We also utilize accountants and financial evaluators in our community development program.
- Even More: Complete the survey to above to see what opportunities are available for you!
All volunteers get access to free Practicing Law Institute programs that grant MCLE credits.